By Tom Interval
Each year I carve a different Houdini-themed jack-o’-lantern, so here’s 2018’s offering. If you’d like to know how I did this, the basic steps follow; below them are links to previous Houdini jack-o’-lanterns, which you can view on my Houdini blog. Happy Halloween!
As mentioned above, here are the steps I took to make this particular jack-o’-lantern.
- Select an image.
- Increase the image’s contrast and customize it for carving.
- Print the design template and trace its outline.
- Okay, we have everything we need (pumpkin-carving tools out of frame).
- Clean and gut the pumpkin.
- Tape the template to the pumpkin.
- Use a safety pin to transfer the design to the pumpkin.
- Use pumpkin-carving tools to carefully carve out the design.
To see my Houdini jack-o’-lanterns from previous years, click or tap on the following links:
None for 2016